Tuesday, January 25, 2011

State Cheer & Dance Championship

I know I'm a little late in posting.....sorry! Over MLK holiday weekend was Macy's 1st cheerleading competition in Daytona Beach. Going to competition brought back so many fond memories of when I was a cheerleader myself. We had such a wonderful time! We had ourselves a "girls weekend." We spent the weekend with my lifetime best friend, Amanda, her daughter, mother, sister in law, and nephew. Macy and I had great Mother-Daughter time. We went down on Friday evening and came home Sunday.
We had to get up at 5:30 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday to get ready for our day. Macy was exhausted, and so was her Mama! Being this was her 1st competion, I wasn't concerned with her winning 1st place, I was more concerned with her having a good time, which she did.
This is my Little ROCKET. We stayed at the Wyndam Resort right on the beach, which was so nice. I would love to go back over the summer. Macy loved going out on the balcony, even though it was so cold outside.
This is Macy with her awesome Coach, Lindsay. We just LOVE her! She works so hard for these little girls. She loves them and has a passion for cheerleading.
During each and every performance by RCA, our fans held these signs saying ROCKETS! It was so much fun watching each performance and cheering them on.
Macy and Haley, friends just like their Mama's!
We had such a great weekend together. I look forward to many more this cheerleading season!! Let's Go ROCKETS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment